Saturday 12 May 2012

Lusaka!!

Well we arrived in Lusaka. The first thing we noticed was the smell when we got off the plane. It was so fresh. When we flew in we got the sunrise which was really really beautiful. Out one window on  one side of the plane, was the darkest sky and the brightest moon and on the other side, was a beautiful sky covered with reds and orange right before the sun started to peer over the earth. Anxieties were getting at me though, especially when I found out we had to stay in huts where geckos, lizards and spiders as big as my hand liked to hang. We didn't see many though and Christ completely took away completely. I am in love with the geckos  lol and hope to see them. But the lizards not so much. lol Dave told us to sweep them out the door when they get in. But they are all mosquito eaters so it is good that we dont have to worry about being attacked by baby lizards. In Lusaka Camillians are common (don't know if that is the right spelling but to my dismay I do not have time to check haha) and they are little itty bitty things. We looked for them but didnt find any. This day was hard I needed a good cry, so I went to my room for a bit which I have come to realize that everyday I need my cry, my support from the team, lots of prayer and then I am good to go! This is such a stretching experience I don't even know how to explain it.
The days in Africa are long. Up at 6-7, breakfast at 8ish, then lunch at 2-3 and then dinner at 8-9, bed at 11. Ofcourse here its the 24 hour clock but I haven't got the hang of that yet. We had beds to sleep in in the hut and I woke up Ashley to take me to the bathroom. So she giggled at me as I was peering around every corner with a flashlight. But man I am not stepping on a lizard! I got to the bathroom fine. We showered with cold water and I swore I would never do it again, I was shivering like mad for a while. So that is why it wasnt until last night, a week later was the first time I bathed. HAHA it was more of a sponge bath because there isnt really a shower here, But I dont really sweat so it wasnt a problem. hahaha. sorry if this is too much information. We have had plenty of laughs, and trust me we have gotten really close. We need to make sure we are all healthy if you know what I mean. But its so funny we talk about things that I would never tell anyone else. We laugh about everything and its amazing to see the closeness growing.Anyways we had a good day being introduced to Lucky and Dorothy who are our hosts and will be travelling with us for the rest of the trip.
AFRICA IS BEAUTFUL!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a lot more to say but people are waiting for the computer. Ask me later :P

No comments:

Post a Comment